For stocks / scripts to be included in the KMI-30 Index, it must meet all the seven key tests of the Technical Screening Criteria, as given below;
- The Company which is on the Defaulters Counter and / or its trading is suspended, declared non-tradable (NT) in preceding 6 months from the date of recomposition shall not be considered for inclusion in the KMI-30 Index.
- The Company will be eligible for KMI-30 Index if its securities are available in the Central Depository System (CDC).
- The Company should have a formal listing history of at least two months on the Karachi Stock Exchange (KSE).
- The Company must have an operational track record of at least one financial year and it should be in default(s) of the Listing Regulations.
- The Company should have minimum free-float shares of 5% of total outstanding shares.
- The Company will be eligible for the KMI-30 Index if its securities are traded for 75% of the total trading days.
- Mutual Funds (both Open-Ended and Closed-Ended) are eligible for inclusion in the KMI-30 Index.
Posted in: General